2021 Lionfish Challenge
Lionfish Challenge Removal Incentive Program
Goal: To encourage and reward recreational and commercial divers for removing lionfish from Florida waters.
Mark your Calendars!
The 2021 Lionfish Challenge starts on May 21st 2020
View photos from the 2016-2020 Lionfish Challenge
2021 Lionfish Challenge Registration Form coming soon!
All participants must register for the 2021 Lionfish Challenge prior to submitting lionfish to the program.
2021 Harvest Submission Form coming soon!
Purpose: Recreational harvesters, after submission of their first 20 lionfish, must remove lionfish tails, place in plastic bag(s), complete the 2020 Lionfish Challenge Submission Form and bring to local checkpoint for verification of harvest. Checkpoints will retain tails and send a copy of the form to Lionfish@MyFWC.com for harvest submission.
Interested in participating as a 2020 Lionfish Challenge checkpoint? Contact Lionfish@MyFWC.com for more information and instructions.
For a detailed list of checkpoints including contact information and operational hours, view the 2020 Lionfish Challenge Checkpoint Table.
3120 Thomas Drive, Panama City Beach, FL 32408
1010 Thomas Drive, Panama City, FL 32408
Panama City Dive Center
4823 Thomas Drive, Panama City Beach, FL 32408
Hatts Diving Headquarters
2006 Front Street, Melbourne, FL 32901
Force-E Scuba Center – Pompano Beach
1312 North Federal Highway, Pompano Beach, FL 33431
No Shenanigans Diving
1324 N University Drive, Coral Springs, FL 33071
2335 S University Drive, Davie, FL 33324
455 S Federal Highway, Deerfield Beach, FL 33441
Crystal River Watersports
2380 N Suncoast Boulevard, Crystal River, FL 34428
320 NW US Highway 19, Crystal River, FL 34428
Above SeaHorse Reef
16812 SE Highway 19, Cross City, FL 32628
Escambia County DMR
3363 W. Park Place, Pensacola, FL 32505
7203 US-98, Pensacola, FL 32506
Woods and Water Scuba
24 Edwards Ave, Brandon, FL 33510
4316 S Manhattan Ave, Tampa, FL 33611
Captain Pete’s Diving Outfitters
1413 Colonial Boulevard, Ft. Myers
Dean’s Dive Center, Inc.
16964 Alico Mission Way, Fort Myers 33098
3318 Manatee Avenue W, Bradenton, FL 34205
Deep Six Dive & Watersports – Stuart
2525 NW Federal Highway, Stuart, FL 34994
Stuart Dive Shop
3317 SE Federal Highway, Stuart, FL 33497
Austin’s Diving Center
10525 S Dixie Highway, Miami, FL 33156
Tarpoon Lagoon Dive Center
300 Alton Road Suite 110, Miami Beach, FL 33139
Tildens Scuba Center
4650 Overseas Highway, Marathon, FL 33050
Florida Keys Diving Center
90451 Old Highway, Tavernier, FL 33070
Captain’s Corner Dive Center
125 Ann Street, Key West, FL 33040
Finz Dive Center
5130 Overseas Highway, Key West, FL 33040
Divers Direct (Key Largo)
99621 Overseas Hwy, Key Largo, FL 33037
Discovery Dive World – Valparaiso
92 S John Sims Parkway, Valparaiso, FL 32580
ScubaTech of NW Florida
301 Harbor Boulevard (Highway 98), Destin
Palm Beach County
351 South US Hwy One, Suite 103, Jupiter, FL 33477
Force-E Scuba Center – Boca Raton
2621 North Federal Highway, Boca Raton, FL 33431
Boynton Beach Dive Center
212 S Federal Highway, Boynton Beach, FL 33435
Narcosis Dive Company
200 E 13th Street, West Palm Beach, FL 33404
Florida Scuba Divers
635 Northlake Boulevard, North Palm Beach, FL 33408
Super Sports And Scuba
7129 US-19, New Port Richey, FL 34652
6815 Tower Drive, Hudson, FL 34667
Jim’s Dive Shop
9385 Bay Pines Boulevard, St. Petersburg, FL 33708
Mac’s Sports Inc. Clearwater
2126 Drew Street, Clearwater, FL 33765
Heroes Dive Center
2109 Main St. A, Dunedin
Sunshine Scuba School – Largo
1901 West Bay Drive Suite 10, Largo, FL 33770
Pinellas Lionfish Tail 2020
10344 51st Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33708
Santa Rosa County
Shark Quest Dive Shop
5614 Gulf Breeze Pkwy, Gulf Breeze, FL 32563
Venice Dive Center
902 S Tamiami Trail, Nokomis, FL 34275
Florida Underwater Sports
6920 S Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34231
St. Johns County
854 Anastasia Blvd, St. Augustine, FL 32080
St. Lucie County
621 N 2nd Street, Fort Pierce, FL 34950
Discover Diving Dive Center LLC
92 Dunlawton Avenue, Port Orange, FL 32127
Spruce Creek Scuba
1646 Taylor Road, Port Orange, FL 32128
Wakulla Diving Center
2784 Coastal Highway, Crawfordville, FL 32327
Lionfish Challenge Raffle Rules
- This contest is the being conducted by the Fish & Wildlife Foundation of Florida, Inc., a 501(c)(3) corporation located at P.O. Box 11010, Tallahassee, FL 32302.
- Winners of the raffle drawing are eligible to receive one of a number of prizes
- Current employees of Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply for or win any of the Lionfish Challenge raffle prizes.
- There is no cost to enter to win. To be eligible to win the participant must complete a Harvest Submission Form and upload a photo of their first 20 lionfish harvested in Florida waters to FWCReefRangers.com.
- Participants will receive one raffle entry upon completion of Harvest Submission Form.
- Participants cannot win multiple raffle prizes during the Lionfish Challenge.
- Winners will be randomly drawn, by 10AM ET on the following dates: June 10, 2020 (2 winners); June 24, 2020 (2 winners); July 8, 2020 (2 winners); July 22, 2020 (4 winners); August 5, 2020 (4 winners); August 19, 2020 (2 winners); September 2, 2020 (2 winners); September 16, 2020 (2 winners); September 30, 2020 (2 winners); October 14, 2020 (4 winners); October 28, 2020 (4 winners). Drawings will be made at the office of the Fish & Wildlife Foundation of Florida, Inc., using a computer program designed for random selection. The winner will be notified via email and will have five (5) business days after notification to verify their shipping address. Otherwise it will be offered to the next alternate selected in the drawing.
- Raffle prizes are awarded to winners in the order they were drawn. Raffle prizes are NOT exchangeable.
- Participants may choose not to accept their raffle prize. In this instance the raffle prize will be entered back into the prize pool and the participant will have forfeited their entry into the drawing.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- The Fish & Wildlife Foundation of Florida and Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission reserves the right to use photographs of and quotes from the winner in publications and video presentations. Raffle winners may be showcased on FWCReefRangers.com and Facebook.com/fwcreefrangers.
- Prizes are taxable and will be reported to the IRS as appropriate. Please check with your tax advisor should you have any questions.
Hall of Fame
Lionfish King: David Connerth – 1141 Lionfish
2nd Place: Russell Peters – 842 Lionfish
3rd Place: Shane Rasch – 619 Lionfish
Commercial Champion: Isidoro Bedoya – 1196.5 lbs.
2nd Place: Josh Livingston – 943 lbs.
3rd Place: Rachel Bowman – 932.75 lbs
Ken Ayers, Jr. – 1,194 Lionfish
Josh Livingston – 3,192.8 lbs
John McCain – 1,137 Lionfish
Ron Surrency – 5,017 lbs
Ken Ayers, Jr. – 1,250 Lionfish
Josh Livingston – 4,560 lbs
David Garrett – 3,324 Lionfish